Join Dr. Katy Jane—Śrī Vidyā practitioner & Sanskrit scholar—in a deep online exploration of the the Lalita Sahasranama. In this 10-lesson immersion in chanting the 1000 Names, you’ll receive instruction & guided practice (video & MP3 audio) in the:
- Important contextual knowledge regarding the history & practices of Śrī Vidyā
- Preliminary invocatioins (saṅkalpa);
- "Installing" practices (aṅga & kara nyāsa);
- Invocation of 5 elements & cakra blessing (pañca bhūta pūjā);
In addition, Dr. Katy will lead you in call & response instruction—as well as the meaning of the 1000 names of Lalitā—so that you can begin to practice chanting them on your own. (You'll be provided with MP3 recordings to download for practice.)
Next, Dr. Katy will teach you to chant the nāmāvali, which is the "offering of the names," and its application in worshipping the Goddess. (You'll also be provided with MP3 practice audios.)
Finally, Dr. Katy will instruct you in the "sealing practices" (mudrā) with which you complete the chanting of the names.
At the end of the immersion, you’ll gain:
- A beautiful new daily practice to cleanse your mind & emotions;
- A tool to deepen your devotion and;
- A way to awaken & enliven your nervous system for higher states of meditation.